|Russell Regional Hospital||Policy Number: 954-014|
|Fiscal Service Department||Page 1 of 1|
|Date Issued: 11-30-98||Date(s) Revised: 11/98|
|7-1-01, 10/02, 1/04, 03/11|
It is the policy of Russell Regional Hospital to refund all overpayments in a timely fashion, with no discrimination made between an insurance company or a private pay individual.
1. Accounts with credit balances will be identified in the following manner:
2. Once an account is identified, print off an itemized bill for that account number.
3. Locate and photocopy all relevant remits for all payments received on that account.
4. Determine whether the overage should go to an insurance company or to a private individual.
5. Once it is determined that a check must be issued, forward all paperwork to the Business Office Director for review.
6. If approved, it will then be sent to Accounts Payable so that a check can be issued and signed.
7. A note should be placed on the account regarding refund and paperwork sent to accounts payable.