- Title I: Health Care Access, Portability, and Renewability.
- Title II: Preventing Health Care Fraud and Abuse; Administrative Simplification; Medical Liability Reform.
How does HIPAA affect me, as a Patient, at Russell Regional Hospital?
- Health information from doctor visits, tests, procedures, and diagnosis
- Mental health information such as therapy and counseling
- Health information that is printed, spoken or transmitted electronically
- Any information that is required by the billing office to properly charge for the service(s) provided
With whom does my healthcare provider have the right to share my PHI?
- Other healthcare professionals assisting with your care
- With individuals who are involved with coordinating additional healthcare services
- Reporting any information that affects public health such as infectious diseases
- With any friend(s) or family member(s) that "you" deem acceptable
- Your medical records may be shared with any medical office(s) for whom you have signed a release form
Where can I learn more about HIPAA?
Here is a list of HIPAA Compliance Forms.